Have you ever asked yourself or does it occur to you if you had a relationship with yourself. whatever the answer might be, a good way to know is through thr time you spend with and by yourself.
the lack of excess time in your everyday activities, should not prevent you from sparing yourself that little time. your relationship with yourself is the most important one, that is, take out time to build one.
mind you,, having a good relationship with yourself will help you and it will go a long in way in dealing/having a relationship with others, for this is the basis of a good foundation of every relationship in life.
so, if you dont have a good relationship with yourself, you cant have with others and vice versa. like an adage which sayd, “you cant give what you dont have”. This in turn will affect your life, your career, uour daily activities, your job, your business, your relationship with others at your work place, church, moswue, school et cetera either in a positive way or negative way.
How do i build a relationship with my self
1. Find out who you are :: who you are is all about what you are made of, what you can do, what you cant do, your strengths, your weaknesses, your abilities and so on.
spending quality time with yourself helps you to pay attention to who you are. from there, you get to understand and decide what makes you, what does not, not because others think so but because you know so.
how can this be achieved, it can only be achieved by spending quality time alone, with yourself. this gives you an avenue to question your actions and decisions you have made.
2. Pardon yourself :: This literally means to forgive yourself. In every relationship, communication is key. It is not a bad thing when you converse with yourself.
It is simply thinking about some actions you have taken and decisions you have made, talking it out and hear yourself. What have you done that you are feeling guilty or not proud of, talk it out and forgive yourself. Forgiving yourself when wrong is necessary so as not to cringe when you see your reflection.
3. Appraise yourself :: In psychology, it is said that when a child does something good or try out new things, it is very important to appraise/congratulate such child and by so doing, this will help build their confidence, self esteem, happy, and have zeal even to do more / try out new things or perform better. When the child is not been appraised, they lost their confidence, low self esteem sets in and they become inferior, the zeal and passion to try out new things is lost.
So this also applied to us as well as an adult. When we appreciate ourselves, we gain more self esteem, we gain more self confidence, we know our worth, we value ourselves. Remember ” a man can not be comfortable without his own approval”.
Whatever achievement we might have accomplished before, let’s learn to appreciate/commend ourselves. By so doing, whichever relationship we find ourselves, we will not find it difficult to appreciate others because it had become part of us.
Don’t rely on someone else for your happiness and self worth. Only you can be responsible for that. If you can not love and respect yourself, no one else will be able to make that happen. Accept who you are completely, the good and the bad and make changes as you see fit, not because you think someone else wants you to be different.
4. Enjoy your company :: When it stops being weird to take yourself out, when you look forward to one of such days, when it does not feel lonely when you are by yourself, then you can say you enjoy your company. Be responsible for your own needs. It’s never a bad idea to take yourself out on a shopping, walk in to a restaurant, order for yourself a glass of wine, give yourself a befitting treat, yes you heard me.
5. Make others happy :: Believe or not, there is so little you can do for others when the inside you are a battlefield. A happy you translates to happy people around you.
You can’t give what you don’t have. Happiness is like a drop of perfume, you can’t press it to others without adding some to yourself. Happy people are the healthiest people.
When all these are the foundation of building a relationship with yourself, you sure can have a better relationship with others.
What do you think about this? Let’s hear from you by dropping a comment below. Thanks for reading and do not forget to share with a friend.